The Joy of Withholding
Edging is the process of approaching orgasm, usually through some sort of manual stimulation, and then withholding stimulation just before orgasm. After you’ve cooled down, resume stimulation and repeat a few times. The process of building tension right up until you’re about to burst into pure ecstasy, cooling down and then repeating can lead to AMAZING orgasms.
Here are a few tried and true methods of edging:
With the pausing method, you completely stop all stimulation just before you reach the point of no return to orgasm. When the feeling of impending orgasm is completely gone, you start over again from the beginning.
The break can be anywhere from a minute to a few hours, depending on what works best for you. When you start again, begin with the initial warm-up, build-up, and approach before stopping at the last moment again.
With the distraction method, you create sudden or intense sensations away from the clitoris or penis just before climax. This shifts your focus away from the task at hand and prevents the orgasm.
With continuous edging, you walk right up to the orgasm and then, just before it happens, shift to touches away from the clitoris or penis that are still pleasurable but aren’t focused enough to actually bring on an orgasm. After the approaching orgasm fades away, you return to stimulating the clitoris or penis.
- Get your workout on. If you’re struggling to hold back your orgasm, kegel exercises can help.
- Lighter is better. Most women who like edging say it helps to reduce the pressure when climax is near.
- If you come easily/quickly, try the pause or distraction variations.
- If you tend to lose orgasms completely, try the continuous variation.
- Passing the point of no return. If you get too close, there’s no stopping it. Try edging earlier.
- Giving in. Edging can be difficult because it’s so tempting to push into the orgasm when it’s near. Patience is hard; you’re not alone!
- Don’t edge too many times. Some women will lose their orgasm completely if they edge too many times. Talk about frustrating.
- If you can’t rebuild to orgasm, know that edging isn’t for everyone. Some women just find it frustrating. Now you know it’s not for you.